On-call services are vitally important for critical health systems likeTeleStroke programs, where time is of the essence. Hospital administrators, emergency department staff and stroke coordinators must have a way to instantly connect and coordinate. Current technology makes this type of connection possible.
Here are four signs that your staff needs the latest generation of TeleStroke tech relief.
BOTTLENECKS IN PATIENT FLOW
If the facilities always seem to be overbooked with no relief for new intakes, you will definitely need to invest in a system that gets rid of patient flow bottlenecks. Faster on call services lead to quicker diagnoses and a more even patient count.
SLOW HEALTH IT
EHR (electronic health records)usage peakedin 2015 (62.8 percent) with a slight downturn of use last year (59 percent). That leaves a whopping 41 percent still not using the latest technology for their patients. Slower records mean slower treatments and slower receipt of on-call services. If your health IT does not match the speed of the modern generation, upgrading should be a priority.
COMMUNICATION BETWEEN DEPARTMENTS
If patients are slow to receive on-call services, the communication between your departments may need an improvement. The older a population surrounding a hospital, the faster this communication must be in order to maintainhealthy movement of patients. Patients should not be required to remember their own records; records should be easily transferrable between departments and referenced during a call.
COMPLAINTS WITH ON CALL SERVICE
The most telling symptom that your staff may need tech relief is direct complaints from patients about on call service. Upgrading a system from front to back is the best way to avoid on call patients falling victim to preventable problems in transport and intake.