A hospital is designated as a Primary Stroke Center (PSC) when they meet the standards set forth by an accrediting body such as The Joint Commission or DNV. Eligibility standards include:
- A dedicated stroke-focused program
- Staffing by qualified medical professionals trained in stroke care
- Individualized care to meet stroke patients’ needs
- Patient involvement in their hospital care
- Coordination of post-discharge patient self-care based on recommendations of the Brain Attack Coalition and guidelines published by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association or equivalent guidelines
- Streamlined flow of patient information while protecting patient rights, security and privacy
- Collection of the hospital’s stroke-treatment performance data
- Hospital team performance data
- Use of data to assess and continually improve quality of care for stroke patients.
TeleSpecialists works closely with partner hospitals to help build out a plan to achieve PSC certification.